Electric Bill Help

(207) 827-6151

Old Town, ME, USA

Services:  This program targets elderly/disabled homeowners in towns they serve (below) that need small accessibility alterations and minor repairs done in their homes to allow them to remain living independently and age gracefully. This program is completely free to qualified individuals. Requirements include:

  • Being 60+ years old or having a disability
  • Own your home or live in a home owned by a family member
  • Live in Old Town, Orono, Milford, Veazie, Bradley, Greenbush, Greenfield, Alton, Hudson, Argyle
  • Annual household income under $34,100 for one, $38,950 for two, and $43,800 for three.

(207) 973-2000 or toll free: 1-855-EMERA-11 (1-855-363-7211)

Bangor, ME, United States

Services: Customers who meet the income guidelines may qualify for a one-time annual reduction. Thousands of Emera Maine customers benefit from the program each year. If your total household income does not exceed federal poverty guidelines, then you may qualify.

(207) 973-3500 or (207) 973-3630 or 1-800-215-4942

262 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME, United States

Services:  People 60 and above with low incomes maybe eligible to receive help with heating bills and weatherization. Penquis Housing and Energy Services offers a variety of heating and utility services including LiHEAP (Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program).  Penquis serves over 15,000 individuals each year through LiHeap, a federally funded program.  LiHEAP assists income-eligible households in Penobscot County, as well as in Piscataquis and Knox Counties, with high winter heating costs.  Homes may be heated with oil, kerosene, coal, pellets, wood, LP gas, or electricity. Applications are taken by appointment from August to April.

(207) 990-3676, TDD (207) 942-7331

1423 Broadway, Bangor, ME, United States

Services: Serves Penobscot and other counties. To be eligible, people must live in a community with fewer than 10,000 people and must meet income guidelines.   A completed application with financial documentation is required.  Free service.   The Rural Development Office makes loans, grants, and guarantees for water and sewage disposal systems, public utilities, and not-for-profit water and/or sewer systems especially for rural counties.